Sunday, December 20, 2009

Saturday Shoot Success! Thanks friends!

Hello friends,

The shoot today was a success! We got all the shots we wanted (save one... ={ ... ) and plenty of inserts to play with.

I couldn't have done it without my crew and talent.

Audrey, those storyboards were crisp and timely. Thanks for making sense of my stick figures. With your day job and the holiday season you made time for this project. I can't begin to express my gratitude... except in curry.

Hats off to Eli, my talented cinematographer, who made the best of whatever a finicky winter sunlight threw at us. It was a great first collaboration with you. Good call on the doorway dolly and the kinos.

Sarah pretty much crafted a new apartment out of the set! The one-woman art department is a powerhouse to reckon with. She brought with her a stamina and energy that only a seasoned set dresser could. That bottle vase was a cute last minute buy.

Lindsey, Cesar and Jacob: while the three of you were tired, ill, or both, you managed to volunteer on a holiday weekend. Every little bit counts - thanks for coming on set.

Thenmozhi and Daddy Dr-ji, I hope you like what I've done with the place. Kidding: thanks for being so accommodating and patient. We need to have dinner again soon.

Mudit Mudit - I've never had this much fun driving a Jeep, without which the equipment would've never reached the set. Casting with you was fun and memorable. Wish you could have come to Wooden Nickel with me. Come to think of it, I'm typing this on your laptop, while you sit in front of me. Hello.

Mr. and Mrs. Cohen - you're house is as lovely as you two, and now all the ad agencies/fashion houses in town will know! Thanks for letting me shoot in your lovely porch. I'll bring the vases back Sunday night.

Genieve - those roomy cushions made the sofa shot. Adds a splash of much needed color. And once again your music video looks stellar.

Blake! Our encounters and resultant conversations over the years have been as varied and eclectic as... you... Thanks for the last minute show up. The whole time you were there I thought of Sor Juana... and you. We still on for Tuesday?

Though Lola is not the most maneuverable puppet, Rachel Appelbaum made that bottle dance. More commendable is the fact that she came on set during a terribly tedious week. Kudos to you, fellow curly.

Annet. I'm glad you came through - flying in from Arizona, driving up from San Diego, and being so cool with our crazy set. As the star of the show, you made the shots. You'll see what I mean when we cut it...

Tank and his mistress, Aparna, for letting me use the cutest tortoise east of La Brea in the video. I think Tank slept through it. Can anyone confirm?

And Rachel DeYoung. I don't think any of this could have happened without you. From keeping things real on set and us on time, and all the way back when you introduced me to Eli and Sarah - I don't think I could have done any of this without your love and support. Period. Thanks for saving the pizza. And the dishes. Yes, I noticed. I'm glad your Belize poster got the necessary attention.

Thank you all so very much.

Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment